Got some pumpkin purée? We’ve got the perfect bread for it. This gluten-free, dairy-free version of a fall classic will leave you satisfied without the bloat. Coconut flour is very absorbent which is why you only need a little bit. Enjoy!
Makes 10 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
What you need:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or do a combo of tahini/almond butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Lightly grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor or mixer, combine the eggs, almond butter, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, coconut oil and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger and sea salt. Add to wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. (You can test if it is done by inserting a toothpick. It will come out clean when the loaf is finished.)
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool entirely before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. If not eating right away, wrap and store in the freezer.
- Bake it as muffins instead. Baking time will decrease to 30 to 40 minutes.