Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro*
- 1 can (500g) adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 each, red pepper & yellow pepper
- 3-4 mini cucumbers, diced (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper.
What you do:
- Pre-heat oven to 450o Place chopped sweet potatoes and onion on a baking sheet. Toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, mix together the cilantro, beans, peppers, and cucumber (if using). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes and onion to the other ingredients and pour the dressing over it all. Mix well. Serve warm.
- Store any leftover in an airtight container in the fridge. The salad will keep for a few days.