by Helen Kwon, Reiki Master & Spiritual Life Coach
Listen to Your Gut
Your intuition is your built-in compass guiding you to the true direction of your inner wisdom. We are all born with the innate ability to connect with our intuition, call it your sixth sense, a clear knowing or a gut feeling. Sometimes your intuition is so strong, you can’t ignore the highly charged physical sensations. Some people experience it as a deep sinking sensation in their stomach or gut, or a constriction in their heart centre, while others experience it in more subtle ways. Your intuition may also speak to you through your dreams, synchronicities, inspiring thoughts, symbols, signs, patterns or even through the practice of journalling. Or it may speak to you in your quiet thoughts, when you least expect it. We all sense and experience our intuition in different ways. As such, it is up to you to discern just how your intuition communicates uniquely to you..
How to Access Your Intuition
There are many ways to access your intuition but one way to connect to your intuition is through meditation and mindful awareness. Mindful Meditation helps declutter the mind, decreases stress responses, invokes a sense of calm and peace and allows you to notice the subtle sensations of the body. And when you are fully in this state of present awareness, you allow your emotions to exist in a space of neutrality. It is in this space of neutrality where you can clearly hear what your intuition is trying to communicate to you. By trusting and paying attention to the callings of your intuition, it can be a powerful resource to help guide and support you throughout your life.
Find Your Intuition Through Meditation
Here is a simple but effective meditative exercise to help you recognize how your intuition speaks to you, through your body cues:
- Begin in a seated position, your spine straight but not strained and close your eyes.
- Take in five deep cleaning breaths and then allow the breath to return to its natural breathing pattern.
- Do a body scan meditation, to calm the body and the mind.
- As you do the body scan meditation, notice any sensations throughout the body. Just notice them without any judgement or stories attached to those sensations.
- When you have finished the body scan meditation, take two deep breaths in and out and say your name to yourself, ‘my name is _____’ and notice how the body responds. Bring into your awareness any sensations and where in the body you are feeling those sensations the most.
- Now, say another person’s name, ‘my name is _____’ and once again, notice the sensations of the body when you say it.
Your body will always respond to what is true with sensations of expansiveness, felt in the body. The opposite reaction can be experienced when things don’t ring true for you. This is your intuition and inner-wisdom at work. You can use this simple exercise to connect with your intuition and to discern what is true and not true for you.
If you need more help accessing your intuition, book a free meet and greet with Helen to inquire about Spiritual Life Coaching sessions.
As a Spiritual Life Coach, Reiki Master, Mindful Meditation Teacher and Holistic Nutritionist, I help to align energy systems with Reiki, dismantle limiting thought & beliefs through Spiritual Life Coaching, decrease stress and heighten awareness with Mindful Meditations, and provide health support with diet and lifestyle modifications through Nutritional Counselling. It is through these various modalities that I am able to help my clients with any challenges they may be experiencing.