Prep time: 15-20 minutes
What you need
For the coleslaw:
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot (or more to taste)
- 4 Tbsp. green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cup diced unpeeled apple (2 large apple)
- 4 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
To make it a meal on its own, add:
- 1 cup cooked edamame beans or cooked chicken
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp. gingerroot, minced
What you do:
- Combine all the coleslaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a whisk, mix all the dressing ingredients together. Blend until you reach a nice creamy and smooth texture. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add the dressing to the coleslaw and mix well.
Optional: you can sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top.