Fall means football season and cooler evenings. And nothing beats a great bowl of chili on a Sunday night while watching the game. This chili incorporates fall vegetables and is versatile. Add whatever you have on hand. The pumpkin purée gives it a nice thick consistency.
This chocolate pudding is full of nutrients including good fats (avocado), protein (tofu), fibre (pumpkin) and lots of flavour (chocolate and maple syrup). If you need a sweet fix, make it a nutritious treat at least. No gluten, no dairy but lots of flavour. Top with coconut yogurt and toasted nuts or seeds and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1/2 pkg firm tofu (regular package is 396ml)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsps maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- coconut yogurt
- toasted nuts or seeds
- cacao nibs
- toasted coconut flakes
What you do:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until you get a smooth homogenous pudding like mixture. You may need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add with your favourite toppings and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Sweeten naturally with dates instead of maple syrup.