by Helen Kwon, Reiki Master & Registered Holistic Nutritionist
and Lucy Staves, Registered Reflexology Therapist
Hormones, Fertility, & Stress
Stress can wreak havoc on the body, especially when it comes to issues surrounding fertility. Stress in itself can negatively affect hormone, sleep, mood, digestion and fertility. When stressed, your body is in survival mode, also know as fight-or-flight mode. Your sympathetic nervous system is in full operation: your heart pumps faster, your breathing increases, your muscles tense up, your senses are on full alert. Other body systems will not operate optimally while the body is stressed as they are not deemed important at that moment. That includes the reproductive system and this may explain why so many couples experience the fertility issues.
Energy Healing with Reflexology and Reiki
Reflexology and Reiki are complimentary alternative healing modalities that align the mind, body and spirit. Both therapies focus on lowering stress levels and optimizing physiological functions associated with hormonal balance and fertility. Both of these modalities work on an energetic level to help increase the flow of energy to the reproductive organs and other hormone-producing organs.
When dealing with fertility issues, you may experience higher levels of anxiety and stress, which can influence your ability to conceive. Reiki and Reflexology help to decrease stress levels and promote a sense of relaxation and emotional well-being, for both men and women. This can help set the right conditions for conception to take place.
Reflexology for Hormonal Health & Fertility
Reflexology works on specific reflex or pressure points in the hands and feet to help release tension, boost circulation and support the body’s natural healing system. When supporting women with hormonal imbalances and/or couples trying to conceive, these are some common areas to focus on:
- The endocrine system: to find hormonal balance, for overall wellness and for regular and healthy menstrual cycles.
- The Parasympathetic Nervous System: to provide relaxation and stress relief. Being in that rest and repair state makes us feel calmer, improves our sleep , and enables the body to rebalance itself, all of which are beneficial for hormonal balance and fertility.
- The reproductive system: to promote healing, either for specific reproductive conditions, or for overall wellness and optimal functioning.
- The emotional points: through touch and by holding space, Reflexology can help you gently recognize and release emotional and energetic build up from your body, while feeling supported and grounded.
- All body systems: to promote overall wellness and balance.
Reiki for Hormonal Health & Fertility
Reiki is an ancient Japanese energy healing technique that promotes hormonal balance & fertility through the body-mind-spirit connection. It works to clear blockages and stagnation within the energy centres (Chakras). Reiki practitioners channel this life force energy through their hands and place them on or above their clients, allowing the energy to flow throughout their client’s energy centres. When it comes to hormonal balance, aligning all the Chakras helps to ensure optimal function of the entire endocrine system but when it comes to fertility, emphasis is on the first two energy centres, The Root Chakra & The Sacral Chakra.
- Located at the base of the spine, The Root Chakra is the centre representing your basic survival needs: water, food, shelter and love. It is all about feeling a sense of security, safety and support. As a child, if your basic survival needs were not met, this may cause blocks and imbalances in your foundational energy centre. If this happens, chances are you are going through life in survivor mode or stress mode. In this state, all your energy is shunted away from your reproductive organs. Without a strong balanced Root Chakra, it impedes the energy from flowing into your second centre, the Sacral Chakra.
- Located in the lower abdomen, The Sacral Chakra is the centre representing creation, harmony, partnerships, relationships, passions, and sexual/emotional expression. On a physical plane, it is directly connected to the reproductive organs. Issues in this centre of creation may manifest as an inability to express healthy sexual desires, feelings of shame pertaining to sex and body perceptions, fear of change, limiting beliefs associated with becoming a parent, emotional upheaval and difficulty pursuing creative endeavours.
- By working on these two energy centres, it helps to achieve balance and alignment in the reproductive organs. As the healing energy flows to these centres, it brings with it a sense of calm, relaxation and well-being. It balances emotions, lowers stress levels and increases the chances of conceiving.
The Hormonal Health and Fertility Package
We are pleased to announce our latest offering: the ‘Hormonal Health & Fertility Package’. This package was designed to combine both of these holistic energy healing services to support you with hormonal balance, fertility and conception.
- 20-minute nutrition consultation with Registered Holistic Nutritionist Helen
- 30-minute fertility and/or hormonal balance consultation with Registered Reflexology Therapist Lucy
- a 7-Day Hormone Balancing Menu Plan
- 3 x 60-minute Reflexology Sessions with Registered Reflexology Therapist Lucy
- 3 x 60-minute Reiki Session with Reiki Master Helen
The regular cost of these individual services is $662.00 + HST. We are happy to offer it at the discounted price of $477.00 +HST, a savings of $185.00.
As a Registered Reflexology Therapist, I see clients from all walks of life. Some of my areas of interest and expertise include stress management, fertility (including infertility, pregnancy and post-partum, peri-menopause and menopause), and sleep problems. Life is busy – we tend to take on too much and put ourselves at the bottom of a very long to-do list. But we can only give so much, and self-care is incredibly important for the body to function at its optimum level.